Organic Seed Symposium: Growing the Atlantic Organic Seed Network
October 23-24, 2010 ● Moncton, New Brunswick ● http://www.seeds.ca/ecosgn
Download details and registrations here: ECOSGN Seed Symposium.
This 1-1/2 day seminar will address the production techniques, marketing resources, regulations, and economics of growing organic seed on a market scale. Meet your fellow organic seed growers and resource people to further build the growing Eastern Canadian Organic Seed Growers Network in Atlantic Canada. Get growing and take your seed saving to the next level!
This weekend targets growers of all levels of experience and skill, however it is most relevant to those folks who:
- Have experience growing food and/or seeds;
- Are considering diversifying their organic farm or garden income with seed crops;
- Are interested in developing skills to improve the quality and quantity of the seed they save;
- Want to connect with other seed growers and resource people in Atlantic and Eastern Canada.
At the end of this seminar, you will be able to answer:
- What organic seed crops are successful in our Maritime climate?
- What techniques can be used for small-to-mid size organic seed production?
- What rules and regs should I be aware of as a seed vendor/grower?
- Who are the organic seed growers, seed companies and resource people in Atlantic Canada?
The Seeds of Diversity Canada AGM will be held in Fredericton at the Charlotte Street Arts Centre Oct 24th at 3 pm following this symposium. Visit www.seeds.ca
Cost: $45 for weekend (includes lunch on Saturday).